Posturite needed a system that would provide a more diverse and configurable environment to meet the forthcoming infrastructure challenges.
Smoothwall Filter has reduced SPAM / UCE hitting the internal mail server by an immeasurable amount. Rather than thousands of spam emails hitting a day, now there are only 100’s and this is a measurable cost saving in users time.
What’s the background?
Posturite is Britain’s leading provider of ergonomic solutions for the workplace. It dominates the UK ergonomic office furniture and accessories market with a 60% share of curative sales. The company also operates three other specialist divisions: WorkRite, which provides health and safety training and e-learning solutions; Office Environments which offers creative interior design and planning solutions for new and refurbished offices; and MediRite which sells first aid and medical supplies and training.
What was the problem?
Posturite needed a system that would:
- Protect users from Virus & Malware from using the web for research purposes
- Reduce our bandwidth by stopping the downloading of adverts that were not necessary
- Reduce our bandwidth by preventing the use of ‘time wasting applications’
- Reduce and control the email SPAM that users were dealing with
- Provide an edge endpoint for our remote workers to create an SSL/VPN or IPSec VPN onto so that they appear almost as part of the corporate LAN
- Increase productivity by preventing the use of social networking, sports and auction sites
- Using the multi-homed features and multiple interfaces, we can now hide and protect our edge facing web and data servers (Posturite, MediRite, Office-Environments and WorkRite Web Sites) in such a fashion that only those who should have access, will have access
- Provides Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS and IPS) to protect corporate data leakage
- Will play a major part in the companies forthcoming ISO 27001 accreditation
- Is playing a major part in the companies PCI-DSS compliance program
- High Availability through the fail-over mechanisms
“Posturite had had a major infrastructure update when we relocated the Head Office and we needed a system that would provide a more diverse and configurable environment to meet the forthcoming infrastructure challenges.”
How Smoothwall helped
The Smoothwall Filter has reduced the SPAM / UCE hitting our internal mail server by an immeasurable amount, rather than thousands of spam emails a day hitting the internal email server, only 100’s now and this is a measurable cost saving in users time. We can now enforce the companies Acceptable Use Policies (AUP) with the Smoothwall Filter. Additionally, the Smoothwall Filter provides the first line of defence in anti-virus and Malware detection / Prevention in a 3 line deep system.